Book your stay
Best price guaranteed!
Short Cut to your holiday booking!
It's autumn and as the leaves turn a gorgeous reddish brown, the Dordogne Valley is perhaps even more beautiful than the rest of the year ….
Winter is coming and this autumnal soup is the perfect accompaniment for the season. A bowl-full of goodness to try at home.
Serves 4 people
Type of Dish: Starter or Main
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Level of Difficulty: Easy
4 garlic cloves
300ml of chicken stock
1 dessert spoon of olive oil
5-6 dessert spoons of coconut milk according to taste
3 tea spoons of curry powder
Salt and pepper
PREPARATION & COOKING
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Cover a baking tray with baking paper and place the butternut face down, then put three cloves of garlic under the cavity of each half. Bake for 30 minutes in the oven or until the flesh is tender (check with the tip of a knife, which should sink in easily).
3. Then peel the squash removing the skin, cut it into large cubes and set it aside with the garlic.
4. In a saucepan, brown the onion and ginger (grated) in the oil for about 10 minutes. Add the curry and sauté for a minute. Then add the butternut squash, garlic, stock and nutmeg. Plus salt & pepper.
5. Bring to a slow boil, then reduce the heat and simmer to reduce for about 15 minutes, half covered.
6. Then puree in a blender/mixer, put back in the pan and add the coconut milk (if you do not want to use coconut milk, add more stock to obtain your desired consistency).
Heat the soup without boiling it and serve immediately. Garnish with a few finely chopped coriander leaves. Et voilà!