Eglise Saint-Blaise de Peyrissac

  • Historic site and monument
  • Registered and listed sites
  • Church
19260 Peyrissac

Description

The chevet is the most interesting part of the church, built in the 12th or 13th century on a polygonal plan. A south side chapel was probably added in the 15th century. The bell tower-wall dates from 1748. It contains 2 bells (1628 and 1733). Inside, a fine collection of polychrome stone statues from the late 15th and early 16th centuries: St. Margaret of Antioch emerging from the mouth of a dragon, St. Catherine of Alexandria with the sword of her beheading, St. Anthony abbot with his pig, another holy hermit and a bishop, perhaps St. Blaise, patron saint of the church.

Location

Eglise Saint-Blaise de Peyrissac
19260 Peyrissac
Report mistake
Filter search
Filter search
  • Grand public
  • Site groupe
  • VDPRO
Page types
  • All
  • Articles
  • Agenda
  • Lists